Iranian_Canadian Association of Scientists and Scholars (ICASS)
Spring 2017, version 1
The name of the organization shall be the “Iranian_Canadian Association of Scientists and Scholars”, which is called ICASS hereinafter.
ICASS was established in October 2016 and federally registered in Canada in August 2017 by a team of Iranian academics which is named founding assembly herein after.
ICASS is an STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) organization in Ontario. The purpose of this organization is to promote and enable a closer relationship among scientists, academics, and entrepreneurs in S&T (Science and Technology) so that they can share their knowledge and skills, play an effective role in developing science, technology, and education across Canada, and enhance their professional and social standing in the Canadian society.
ICASS is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-partisan, and non-religious organization.
ICASS is a non-profit organization with the following objectives:
- Networking: To establish a network of university academics and scholars
- Training: To provide specialized training and certifications,
- Liaison: To liaison with governments, industries, and academia to progress social and career position of all knowledge-based professionals
- Entrepreneurship Advisory: To build up an entrepreneurship advisory platform for all knowledge-based professionals in S&T,
Any person who is residing in Canada, has paid the membership fee, and has any of the following eligibility could be a member of the ICASS.
- A PhD graduate or candidate in science and technology
- A university graduate who is a university/college faculty member
- A university graduate who performs either a pure research or R&D in science and technology
- An entrepreneur who conducts or involves in R&D section or research-based services
5. General Assembly
- General Assembly is held at least once a year (AGM) to elect the executive committee (EC) members, approve the annual budget, approve any motions, and amend constitution or by-laws, if required.
6. Board of Directors (BOD)
The BOD are the core of policy and decision making in this organization. New board members could be invited by the current BOD. The occupants of the ICASS-BOD comprise voting seats as follows:
- The Chairman/Chairwoman;
- The president/Chief Executive Officer (CEO);
- The Chief Finance Officer (CFO);
7. Executive Committee (EC)
The occupants of the ICASS-EC comprise as follows:
- The Committees vice-presidents (VP);
- The Officer(s)
- The Secretary(s);
- The previous President, and if not available one of the previous VPs
8. Terms of Office
Any of the EC members are elected or appointed by the BOD for a two-year term, and maximum for two consecutive periods. The previous president or vice-president has to be one of the members to smoothly transfer power from the previous EC to the new one.
9. Activity Term
ICASS activity term will be from its foundation for an unlimited time.
The constitution could be amended in every few years.